- I have two kittens watching my every move. One tried to sneak a bite out of my breakfast.
- I just consumed half a cup of coffee, a dan bing, and a chocolate turnover, made by P.
- I am half-heartedly working on an econometrics paper. The purpose of the paper is to find and explore a model that explains happiness (theoretically speaking).
- The dishwasher is running but the dining room table is still a mess. From here I see the remains of A’s breakfast, a bottle of hot sauce left out overnight, a pepper mill, a tape dispenser from wrapping white elephant presents last night, a printout of a journal article, a crumpled napkin, and some over-ripe bananas.
- I’m wearing down slippers, comfy jeans, and a hoodie.
- The only lights on in the house are Christmas lights on the tree. It is frigid outside but the sun is shining and all the curtains are open.
- It is not yet noon but I could really use a nap.